The MBUS (Magpul Back-Up Sight) is a low-cost, color injection molded, folding back-up sight.
The dual aperture MBUS Rear Sight is adjustable for windage and fits most 1913 Picatinny rail equipped weapons, but is specifically tailored to the AR15/M16 platform.
Made in the U.S.A.
– Impact resistant polymer construction provides light weight and resists operational abuse
– Spring-loaded flip up sight easily activated from either side or by pressing the top
– Detent and spring pressure keeps sight erect but allows for unobstructed folding under impact, etc.
– Clamps to MIL-STD-1913 Picatinny/STANAG 4694 receiver rail and provides the same height-over-bore as standard A2 irons
– Protective wings shield the dual, same plane flip apertures
– Sight can still be folded with either large or small aperture in position
– Detent knob easily and positively adjusts windage
– MBUS – Rear Gen 2
– Weight, w/ hardware: 1.3 oz.
– Height above rail, stowed: ~0.51 in.
– Center of aperture to top of rail: 1.42 in.
– Length, stowed: 2.6 in.
– Length, deployed: 1.5 in.