The MBUS (Magpul Back-Up Sight) is a low-cost, color injection molded, folding back-up sight.
The MBUS Front Sight is adjustable for elevation and fits most 1913 Picatinny-railed hand guards, but is specifically tailored to the AR15/M16 platform.
Made in the U.S.A.
– Impact resistant polymer construction provides light weight and resists operational abuse
– Spring-loaded flip up sight easily activated from either side or by pressing the top
– Detent and spring pressure keeps sight erect but allows for unobstructed folding under impact, etc.
– Clamps to most any MIL-STD-1913 Picatinny/STANAG 4694 railed hand guard and provides the same height-over-bore as standard A2 irons
– Protective wings shield the spring-locking A2 front sight post
– Elevation adjustment tool included, but most aftermarket A2 front sight adjustment tools may be used as well
– MBUS – Front Gen 2
– Weight, w/ hardware: 1.2 oz.
– Height above rail, stowed: ~0.51 in.
– Length, stowed: 2.6 in.
– Length, deployed: 1.5 in.
NOTE: Cannot be mounted to a railed gas block due to excess heat issues.
Front MBUS must be mounted to a railed fore end on the same plane as the receiver rail. Because of this the sight is also not compatible with MOE Hand Guards.